Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Performance: Literary Magazine Opening

I've discussed my playing on the clarinet a few times before, but I haven't really given a detailed explanation of any of my performances. Earlier tonight, however, I played at the release of Inspire!, the literary magazine compiled by the C.I.A. (Club for the Integrated Arts).

The night included more then just the literary magazine - there was food, music, poetry, and art. I played my clarinet, and you can listen to the songs I played below (note: I played solo, so any other instruments you hear were not included; also, for the "Main Theme", I played only a section).

- Final Fantasy VII Main Theme

- Maple Leaf Rag

- Sonatine

- Divertimento II

The performance was mostly a success, despite the fact that I had only the day before to practice most of the music. Divertimento II was by far the longest, with six pages of music. Maple Leaf Rag was arguably my favorite, as it wasn't classical - it was jazz.

Pictures and video of the performance will be available here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment