Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Music

It seems like a shocked that I've never mentioned this before - I play the clarinet. And I've been playing for nearly 5 years. In those years, I've been in symphonic band, orchestra, and my all-time favorite, marching band.



The Warwick marching band (yes, the one with the scandal) has won the Regional Championships for three years in a row now. This past season was my first year with the band, and we took first place (as well as several other awards, including High Percussion) with our show, The Rise of The Samurai Warrior.

I tell you this because practice for the next season begins in just a few months, and Drumline has already started. Of course, our practice is much longer then sports, as we have to teach newcomers how to march and such, as well as memorize several pages of music.

Although I do not know much information about this next season (our show has not even been decided upon yet), I will post updates about all my adventures in marching band. For your viewing and listening pleasure, I have included a video of our performance. This video is from our home competition, and the stands were packed, as our band is famous in our town (and among other bands).


No comments:

Post a Comment