Monday, June 15, 2009

Diving Into The Season

This latest Monday practice was a very productive one. While it was quite regular, I felt pleased at the progress the band made. During basics, we practiced the first step of forward marching as well as our posture extensively - my morale improved as I saw our newcomers really get the hang of marching, just as I had done last year.

Our warm-ups were not spectacular, and the only change was moving from the traditional arc into a circle. But things really kicked off when we split off into sectionals. The brass and woodwinds section both practiced the opener of The Machines (the only piece we currently have) heavily, and once we moved into the entire ensemble, it was a truly epic scene.

By tomorrow, I hope to be able to post an audio clip of the opener, or at least have it available for download.

No comments:

Post a Comment